Exclusion/eligibility criteria for health professionals
Eligibility includes being at risk of falls (with a FRAT score above 3), have a fear of falling or have fallen in the previous year. People who have had 3 or more falls in the previous year and are not being referred following community specialist falls rehabilitation should be referred to the local falls service first
Unfortunately it is not possible for us to accept client onto this programme if any of the following apply:
- Uncontrolled Angina
- Resting Systolic BP> 180mmHg or resting Diastolic BP> 100mg
- Tachycardia >100 bpm
- Significant dizziness due to postural hypotension or significant drop in blood pressure during exercise
- Acute systemic illness (e.g acute cancer-related problems, pneumonia, febrile illness)
- Visual or vestibular disturbance affecting safe mobility
- Unstable or acute heart failure
- Recent injurious fall without a medical examination
- Unable to maintain seated upright posture due to neurological deficits
- Impaired cognition where simple movement instructions cannot be followed.
- People who place themselves or others at risk
- People who score mostly 5s/6s on the FaME functional grid (refer for specialist physio services). This will be identified at functional assessment stage
How to refer
Health professionals can apply on behalf of their clients. Individuals can also apply direct.
There is one form to complete
If you prefer not to complete online forms you can download a print version here which can be returned to us by post.