This programme is nearing its end and so we are no longer able to take new clients or referrals. We are hoping to secure funding to continue this valuable initiative.
If you would like to add your name to our waiting list then please click the link below and complete the form. We will be in touch just as soon as we can
You can read more about the programme below.
About the Programme
Steady on your Feet is a community-based strength and balance programme, which is evidenced to prevent falls. The programme is aimed at those aged 65 and over who are deemed to be at heightened risk of falling, and is delivered over 24 weeks. After each session there will be light refreshments and time to chat with others in the group.
The programme also aims to connect people with local activities to maintain their new found fitness/strength.
Sessions will be free of charge for participants, and assistance with transport is available for people who are unable to get themselves to the venues. Sessions will take place in Barnstaple, Ilfracombe, Braunton, South Molton, Torrington, Bideford and Holsworthy.
Participants must be:
- Over 65
- At risk of falls, have a fear of falling or have fallen in the previous year.
- Able to follow instructions
- Able to walk independently indoors and outdoors (with or without a walking aid and without help from another person)
- Able to get up from a dining room type chair (it is ok to find this difficult)
- Prepared to attend weekly for 24 weeks and complete prescribed home exercises between sessions. (we accept there may be the occasional holiday, illness and medical appointments).