Today we covered:
- Consolidating delivery of Warm Up
- Choosing additional routines for Main ( 2 x 32 count routines)
- Exploring themes for Main routines – Salsa, Latin, Combat, Energy Bursts, Dance, Strictly, Hip Hop etc
- Layering — introducing the concept of layering a 32 count routine and individual moves
- Revisiting right footing (when to use – and to use sparingly) and the zoning in method of correction
- Special populations – we explored issues around teaching Children and Young people, Older Adults, Disability and Pre and Post Natal
- Absolute contraindications to exercise
- Deferral and Referral
- General scope of practice (again!)
- Deadlift and Clean technique to support Body Conditioning (to set up for a back squat / lunge)
- Other body conditioning movements with focus on upper body – lat raises – forntal raises, upright rows, French press, tricep extensions
- Using dumbbells, KBs and plates and exploring variables such as tempo and time under tension
- Using Verse Chorus – breaking down tracks for using with Body Con.
- Ways to turn the group during Main
LESSON PLANNING TEMPLATES
Documents to supplement the information in your manual.
This website was a “go to” resource back in the day – before You Tube! You can find loads of 32 count routines in all sorts of styles.