In this session we looked aat the following topics:
- Cool down theory
- Maintenance and developmental stretching – which muscles need flexibility training
- How to monitor stretch effectiveness and intensity
- Practical session exploring CD stretch exercises and sequencing
- Adding NASTY to delivery of CD stretches
- Blood pooling – venous return – cardio flush
- Energy systems – overview of aerobic and anaerobic systems
- CV approaches – LSD – intervals and fartlek.
- 1 Rep Max theory and how to work out 1RM for your client using a predictor
- The Endurance, Hypertrophy and Strength pyramid
- Programming approaches for endurance, hypertrophy and strength
- Practical session on spotting: spotting from the rack and spotting in the bar for bench.
- Discussion around professionalism during spotting – proximity and dress codes.
- Planning for the group induction – putting the whole thing together WU – Exercises – CD and Stretch (M&D)
You also need to:
Find 1 or more people to attend your Group Induction session
Select a client for your consultation and practical
Guidance on all your assessment requirements can also be found in your Black and White LAP document
You can find below some resources to support today’s session. The Group Induction planning paperwork is NOT part of your formal assessment. But please complete and submit this so that the content can be checked through and “signed off” in advance of the practical.
You can use this kind of predictor table to work out your client’s 1RM
There is a dynamic calculator available here